THOMSON-CSF UK EMPLOYEE SHAREHOLDERS (TUES) STATUTES
- To encourage the increase of share ownership in Thomson-CSF
by employees of Thomson-CSF in the UK.
- To defend the interests of these shareholders by relaying
information between the employee shareholder representative on
the board of Thomson-CSF and the UK employee shareholders, to
inform him of particular aspects of the UK employee shareholders'
- To act as channel for reimbursing from funds allocated by
FAST (Federation of Associations of Staff Shareholders in Thomson-CSF)
any legitimate expenditure by representatives of TUES in carrying
out their tasks.
- All full time employees owning shares in Thomson-CSF companies
are deemed to be members unless they specifically decline in writing.
- Pensioners of Thomson-CSF UK companies owning Thomson-CSF shares
are also ipso facto members.
- The TUES committee can by majority vote exclude from membership
any employee or pensioner who actively works against Thomson-CSF,
any Thomson-CSF UK company, TUES or FAST.
- All members may attend the Annual General Meeting (AGM) which
will be chaired by the chairman of TUES.
- The AGM maymodify these statutes appoint and remove committee
members and office holders approve the accounts exercise all other
relevant powers. An Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) shall
be held if 20% of the members request it in writing.
- Members must be invited to the AGM (or an EGM) with at least
one week's notice, which shall include the agenda and be signed
by the chairman or secretary of the committee.
- All members shall have one vote each at any general meeting.
Members may be represented by another member holding a valid written
- All resolutions shall be passed by a simple majority of
the membership/ of members present or represented. The chairman
of the meeting shall have a casting vote, in need.
- Decisions of AGM's and EGM's shall be recorded in a minute
book to be kept by the secretary of TUES and to be available for
scrutiny by other members.
- TUES shall be managed by a committee of at least three people
and no more than twelve. A quorum shall be three/at least half
of the members.
- Membership of the committee shall be limited to representation
from Thomson-CSF UK companies and sites by co-option, to ensure a
good spread of national coverage. Membership of the committee
shall not be for longer than five years.
- The committee will select a chairman, a deputy chairman,
a treasurer and a secretary. In the absence of the chairman, a
committee meeting will be chaired by one of the other officers.
- The committee shall meet no more often than quarterly.
- Committee decisions will be by simple majority and in need
the meeting chairman will have a casting vote.
- The committee has full powers to run TUES. Day-to-day running
of TUES can be delegated by the committee to one of its members.
Outside day-to-day matters, actions by TUES will require two committee
members' signatures (of whom one shall be an officer).
- The chairman of TUES will be ex-officio a member of the
FAST committee representing TUES.
- The TUES committee will communicate with members via email
and using company notice boards.
- Committee members are unpaid. Reimbursement of expenses
shall be handled by the Treasurer, and a bank account shall require
his signature up to £50 and above that figure that of the
chairman as well.
- TUES's operations will follow the calendar year and its
accounts will be submitted to the AGM that will take place in
February of the following year. The accounts will be audited by
a qualified accountant who is not a member of TUES.
- If TUES is to be dissolved, an EGM will select the liquidators
and set out their powers, including the returning to FAST of any
funds held in surplus.